A bit of a red flag for this book lover...
Ingenuity makes time:
- The obvious is naturally in the sacred chamber; ie the bathroom. A room where often reading is the first order of business!
- At the kitchen table while awaiting for the water to boil for pasta, tea or anything else.
- During those incredibly long TV commercials.
- Waking up half an hour earlier to finish a chapter.
- While waiting anywhere, be it at the doctors, dentist or coffee shop.
- After bedtime, reading with a torch under the blanket ( my fond memories of finishing the Famous Five while still a very young Mädchen ).
- Turning off the television and just reading.
- Taking the book to work / school and using every bit of available break time to read pages. Once a book has taken hold of your reality and mingled it with its, any and every sentence sneaked in is a bonus.
- Becoming a library monitor at school and having the best of both...choosing good books and being able to read them there in the guise of work.
- Inventing a mysterious and sudden stomach upset and staying home from work or school. The ultimate luxury for a reading fiend.
A final and rather frightening thought:
Teens spend an average of 9 hours a day on media, which might just be more than they spend sleeping...by the way, that doesn't include homework related usage.