Saturday 31 August 2013

Psst, Don't Tell Anyone But....

Doing a mini-spring clean was rather enjoyable.

Gosh what is it about Burgenland that it has such a positive influence on me? My Mum has been trying for decades to no avail. But Mum, please don't get too excited as it might have been an one off affair. Let's see how this pans out.

Bob was gone the whole day yesterday helping out a friend. They were doing manly stuff. No, not watching sport or bar-hopping but doing heavy work renovating a house. A few times during the day I thought of my Bob-the-tool-man-Thole wielding a heavy drill...

Not wanting to be idle and knowing that friends are coming to stay next weekend, I tackled those awful household jobs that both of us try to avoid.

Bob in his own way: " Don't be stupid, there is nothing wrong with the way it looks and we don't want to live in a clinical place anyway! ", while I try and ignore it for as long as possible. Is it just me, or does anyone else wish for a cleaning genie to swoop in and help clean up? In case you are wondering, here is a list:

  • Taking the curtains off the rails and washing them. Hanging them back up is an unbelievable workout on the upper arms. I couldn't do one drop without putting down my arms a few times. Those who have done this before, will understand!
  • Scrubbing the whole bathroom top to bottom, twice.
  • Dusting not just around the books, but underneath them as well.
  • Cleaning the underside of the kitchen chairs.
  • ...and more.

This lot with a few extras took me most of yesterday and today is earmarked for the other rooms of the house. So far I am still looking forward to it. Oh dear, I think I am turning into Susy Homemaker.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment