Just because you can and want to?
Nice is one of those words that can run the gauntlet of ideas and emotions. Nowadays, nice could be going to the movies, or going on holiday and oh the list is endless. But what about doing something ' nice ' in the true sense of the word?
- Sending a handwritten Christmas card to friends & family? Those are rare to receive, aren't they?
- Making a batch of cookies and taking them round to Great-Aunt Ida / Suzi / or Agatha, who you haven't seen in a long time and who is lonely.
- Inviting an acquaintance to join you for Christmas lunch / dinner, because you know they are otherwise on their own and lonely.
- Taking the time to visit your local Old-age Home. Go and have a cup of tea with someone there. You don't even have to bring a present, because your mere visit alone is worth gold to the other person. Loneliness can happen to everybody & everywhere.
- Instead of buying gifts for family and friends, that they never will use, donate money to a worthy cause in their name. Now there is a nice thing to do.
- Pay it forward... a small gesture such as paying for the toll fee of the car behind you ( a total stranger ) will make you feel good and I guarantee that it will make the other person feel even better!
These are just a few ideas, but I know that you have so many more and maybe even better ideas. Please tell me about them...