Thursday 5 December 2013

Jeez-a-lou, Can You Believe Those Cows!

One cow more bovine than the next...

Bob was the first one to espy them. As is typical lately, I was languishing in my co-driver seat relaxed and off on a daydream tangent. Before I knew it, Bob had slowed down to a crawl and asked me one question only.

" Do you have your camera with you? " By now Bob should know that my camera is with me at all times. We were taking a shortcut to Grosspetersdorf, through a forest and the almost untouched nature that only the back roads and byways tend to offer. When I saw what had grabbed Bob's attention, my camera was out in a jiffy and my finger kept on clicking away. Believe me I took lots of photos and who wouldn't with those beauties around...

Meet Susie, the most beautiful cow in the district! ( names, rank & gender are invented by me ). Bob and I were sitting in the car with the window down. The co-driver window to be exact. Bob tried numerously to get her attention and said stuff like
" Moo " " Yoo-hoo " and " Hey there!"...
One can just read her mind: " Who are these idiots? " As we only have a wildcat at home, we tried to use our cat-voice to get the Susie's attention. I did wonder whether an attack would be on the cards. Steam was coming from her nostrils, but that could have been because it was -3 degrees outside!
Could that be the Papa? We didn't want to find out, but still, looks are genetic. Bob tried a few times to whistle at this magnificent bull ( only because I was next to the open window and he was on the safe side ), but no interest was shown...
An uncle or an aunt perhaps?
I think ' Susie ' would have liked to have come with us! What a stunning family of Highland cows.

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment