Wednesday 23 March 2016

The Random Fleeting Chance Encounters Are What Make Life More Colourful.

Just an average day...

As you know, yesterday was kept clear of everything except the bottling of wine. I don't know about you, but I tend to think that this is the most important step in the viticulture process...how else would you ever get to drink the wine?

Each year we hone down the set up procedure and make it flow more smoothly and this year we were on track to have a flawless start until my mum realized that the filters were the wrong size. Never mind, we drove to Deutsch Schützen's Lagerhaus to get some more.

It was a sunny morning and I was waiting in the car, just as well because it was nice to sit there and see the minutiae of village life pass by. Some villagers on foot, some on bicycles and some in motorized vehicles aka tractors.

Some ignored me, but some didn't. After five years of being entrenched in this fabulous village lifestyle ( eh, Bob and I are now Village People ) I know most by sight and quite a few from these random chance encounters. Be they in the local grocery shop, in the bank or at the various functions in and around our village.

Well, there I was perusing villagers and one came out of the Lagerhaus with his dog by his side. Waving and smiling I greeted him and he waved and smiled back. All in all we perhaps exchanged two to three sentences with the weather and dog being the main topics of conversation, before he got into his car and drove off.

For me, these types of chance encounters with friends and acquaintances are what make life highly enjoyable and interesting. These few minutes of seemingly superficial conversation are really the essence of life...connecting with others and feeling included.

As for the bottling of wine, we had a long 10 hour day and managed to bottle the red, white and Uhubler wines. Please don't feel bad for me, because some of these bottles are definitely heading my way...Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more!

After our 10 hour day of bottling, bending down, picking up heavy crates and having fun ( really! ) we were a tad bit exhausted at the end of our day. Bob was even too tired to be in the picture...

Biggi

No comments:

Post a Comment