All real happiness comes from the simple things in life, doesn't it?
Somewhere down the road of life, most of us have been brain washed with the belief that our life only has meaning if we are:
- With our soulmate.
- Surrounded by expensive stuff that others don't have.
Oh, the list is endless. But aren't we all missing the point? What holds meaning in your life? What makes you smile a heartfelt smile? What makes your day better? What makes you feel good?
- Being with family.
- Having enough to eat.
- Being healthy.
- Having someone to share the everyday-ness of life.
- A pet being ecstatic when you come home.
- Seeing the beauty of nature.
- Having friends that care about you and not your possessions.
- Reading a book.
- Going for a walk.
Every now and again, we get a wake-up call to what really holds meaning in our lives. We've seen how quickly and randomly life can be lost and perhaps it is time for humanity to return to simpler values. The values of happiness and contentment that comes from understanding that our Needs being met is ample and life is perfectly alright if our Wants aren't...